Tuesday, January 5, 2010

QUESTION: Do Prosthetics Cause Chills? (and I am not talking just about visually!!!!!)

******
******
Since my second round of reconstructive surgery on December 11, my body temp is all over the place! Even now, I run a fluctuating daily low-grade temp (99 -101.1). No, it is not related to the reconstruction per se. I have been checked out twice for possible infection. I have been advised that it is likely that the temperature is related to my body's post-surgical healing process. That's cool (nah...not really).

The question I cannot find an answer to, as yet, is: is it possible that my new prosthetics are the cause of my chronic feeling of being cold? I am experiencing a biting, right down to the bone, coldness. Recall, I live in Arizona. It is 74 degrees today! The coldness actually emanates from my breast area and then sweeps my entire body. This occurs in hourly waives! My youngest is quite amused. Being a frenetic 8 year old boy his body temp is always a toasty 150 degrees +/- fahrenheit! He bounces around me and encourages me to place my icy hands on his neck and belly -- which then sends him into throes of laughter.

Now THAT is cool!

3 comments:

  1. You are an excellent researcher and perhaps you have already considered a Chinese Medicine perspective for what appears to be a particular inquiry about body temp. For your "chills" and feeling cold think in terms of yin/yang imbalance. From a Chinese perspective your surgeries, particularly the anesthesia, can have a toxic effect on the liver, as can an excess of any food or supplement; your immune system, post op is compromised to a degree, causing yin deficiencies; your, "Tamera's treatment protocol" might be overwhelming the balance of hot/cold, yin/yang, excess/deficient, moist/dry; the emotional body plays a role, too. With Love from your Auntie Kuan Yin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Auntie Kuan Yin: I am definitely having a physiological "balance" issue; and have been fighting the toxicity of the bombardment of general anesthesia by doing liver cleanses.

    I had an epiphany today, however. Over-taxing on the adrenals can also cause chills. And my adrenals have been on overdrive for the last decade (no hyperbole intended). I may be over taxing an already depleted adrenal system with the last 6+ months of bodily assault and the energy that goes into healing.

    Then there is the daily physical pain management.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post script: prosthetic implants DEFINITELY make for a cold breast! Even when temps are in the 80s! Weird.

    ReplyDelete