Sunday, October 3, 2010

The letter

******
******
October 1, 2010

Dear TC:

Re: Your breast imaging exam done on September 28, 2010 - Report sent to Robin L Obenchain, M.D.

We have reviewed your recent breast exam (yeah...three days ago, what took you so long? ah...but I wax facetious) and find that we need additional imaging to complete the examination. While the majority of such additional images show nothing of concern, (that's what they said before last year's biopsy...ah...now I wax cynical) it is imperative that they be taken to fully complete your study. Please call our office at ....or your own physician to schedule the needed additional imaging as quickly as possible.

....blah, blah, blah...

We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope you understand that we need the additional imaging to accurately evaluate our findings and complete your study.

Sincerely....
Scottsdale Medical Imaging
Why do I have this repetitive Beach Boys lyric running through my head each time I read the stupid letter:

And she'll have fun fun fun now that daddy took her T-bird awaaaayyy!
As my 18 year old constantly reminds me, even from 2500 miles away...I am SO weird! but I'll have fun, fun, fun........................

3 comments:

  1. Suggestion: Take a look at "The Body in Pain" by Elaine Scarry. I know it will be tough for your legal beagle brain not to take the suggestion "literally", but perhaps you can "hear" the silence in the voice of pain AND know how very important it is to continue blogging along - hard as it may be for others to read/hear. I also have a fondness for The "Wounded Body: Remembering the Markings of the Flesh" by Dennis Patrick Slattery (check out Wounds and Tattoos chapter - "Does cancer enter us or do we, falling ill, enter the revelation of the universal cancer?" - Guido Ceronetti, Silence of the Body). Which then leads to one of my all time favorite books, Toni Morrison's "Beloved"...DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!!!! From the body of the polytheistic pagan dedicated to recreating her body of work.

    ReplyDelete