Friday, August 21, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

******
****** Okay. The process is beginning.

I am sitting in my pre-op bed. Oh yea...it is SWEET, you can get WIFI access in pre-op!!! They have me draped in this exaggerated vacuum cleaner bag that comes complete with hose openings for the hot-air tube to keep me warm. "Ground control to Major Tom..."

I was admitted at 8 a.m. (but was required to arrive at 6:30 a.m.) and whisked to radiology for the injections for the sentinel node biopsy that will occur concurrently with the mastectomy. I will admit, it gave me pause that the radiologist injected my breast in four locations with a "matter" that had to be carried in a steel paneled box marked "radioactive." And then, he had to dispose of the gloves he used on me into the same paneled box. Regrettably, at the writing of this entry my super powers have yet to show themselves.

Can anyone remind me how long it took for Spidey's powers to kick-in after he got bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment